This is a blog for people to discuss what they are eating. There is a theory that by journaling eating habits, people will eat healthier. I am trying to cook more at home and feed my family a wider variety of foods. People can just read or join as co-authors. Topics don't have to be recipes with nice photos. You can write about eating habits, special diets, culinary cultural differences, etc.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lunch Box Adventures

As I recall, a little while back Carol asked what kind of things I packed for Pete's lunches.

This is it (for tomorrow, anyway):


This box contains:
Green onions
Cucumber slices
Broccoli florets
Tomato wedges
Celery sticks
Parmesan cheese
Cheddar cheese
Monterrey Jack cheese
Swiss cheese


He has whole wheat crackers and some sauces to dip the veggies in at work. He also gets a bowl of fresh blackberries with sugar and fat-free half and half. (now that's an oxymoron for ya)

And me? I had this for supper tonight:



This would be a chicken breast baked in olive oil with herbs (lemon zest, basil, oregano, tarragon, garlic) then sprinkled with crumbled feta cheese and fresh lemon juice. And oh yeah, I had a couple of store bought whole grain pita breads too. Yes... it sure looks like I didn't have any veggies, but that would be incorrect. I had a salad before hand as well as a bowl of blackberries afterwards (no sugar or cream required for mine). All was quite yummy.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Arsenette said...

Wow looks good! Even something I'd eat :) It's just too darn pretty too.. Mine always looks like I just threw it togeth... wait.. I do throw it together.. LOL :)

January 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM

 
Blogger Chaki said...

Wow. You make your man eat healthy. Good for you! Hiro makes his own lunches sometimes and it's mostly meat and rice, and very salty.

January 28, 2009 at 11:22 PM

 
Blogger Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Lots of times I just give him leftovers from the night before, but I like to give him this kind of lunch when I have enough stuff to give him variety. He isn't a big veggie and fruit eater. So I try to make it easy for him. Bite size pieces... cut up, deseeded, attractively arranged... whatever it takes to get him to eat it. :)

He doesn't particularly care for chicken either, so he didn't have what Thomas and I had for supper. He had a bowl of peach ice cream for his supper. Tasty? You betcha! Nutritionally sound? Not so much. But it was something in his stomach before he went to bed.

January 29, 2009 at 8:23 AM

 
Blogger Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Damn! You know what? I was just looking at his lunch again... and I forgot the pickles... bad girl! Well, he has a small jar of olives at work...

January 29, 2009 at 8:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home