This is a blog for people to discuss what they are eating. There is a theory that by journaling eating habits, people will eat healthier. I am trying to cook more at home and feed my family a wider variety of foods. People can just read or join as co-authors. Topics don't have to be recipes with nice photos. You can write about eating habits, special diets, culinary cultural differences, etc.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Is Good?

Top chefs push Obama to improve food policy

Regardless of your politics, promoting healthier, more natural foods has got to be a good thing. I hope it turns out that his popularity will promote better food. I hope his policies will promote more small "family" farms so more people have access to good, fresh foods.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger pamwax said...

No you are not the only one...

January 25, 2009 at 1:51 PM

 
Blogger Chaki said...

In Japan, some products made by individual farms have the full name and pictures of farmers and their families. They are vouching for the safety and quality of their food.

January 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM

 
Blogger Some Kinda Wonderful said...

What a beautiful concept, Carol. I would much prefer to purchase from a small "family" farm... in America they are pretty much non-existant nowdays.

January 25, 2009 at 8:18 PM

 
Blogger Arsenette said...

I'd totally promote this.. I MISS my local farmer's markets.. heck we've been complaining about the quality of veggies, etc. the past couple years since government went hardcore for corn a couple years ago.. maybe we can get the land back and grow food we eat! I want the small farmers back in the worst way!

January 26, 2009 at 5:13 AM

 
Blogger Pittsburgher said...

One of the problems they had with sustaining small farms was that the farmers couldn't find wives. Sort of like the Alaskan men. I saw a story on this on the news about 5 years ago!

January 29, 2009 at 7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home