This is a blog for people to discuss what they are eating. There is a theory that by journaling eating habits, people will eat healthier. I am trying to cook more at home and feed my family a wider variety of foods. People can just read or join as co-authors. Topics don't have to be recipes with nice photos. You can write about eating habits, special diets, culinary cultural differences, etc.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Steak!!!

That's hubby's plate upside down but you get the drift :p
.
Hubby made dinner again :) Hey.. I did the frozen veggies in cheese sauce.. because nothing kills any healthy food like butter and cheese.. mmm.. bring it on... Ehem.. This is filet mignon with just salt and pepper on the best griddle on the planet.. I can friggin' remove the plates and throw them in the dishwasher.. how crazy is that? I gave away my Foreman grill.. was too much of a pain to clean...

My plate on the right and hubby sitting down about to chow down on his :p

Sweet thing with the new griddle is that you can put a probe thermometer and it tells you when it's done.. none of this turning it over and poking crap to find out if it's done.. only to cut it open and blood squirts out. For my friend she likes it medium well closer to rare while I like mine completely de-mooooed.. that mean.. no pink of any kind.. nada.. I see pink it's back in the griddle.. I don't like my moo to get up and keep mooing :p To each it's own. But with the griddle we can cook it to EXACT specifications and all is happy!

From hubby:

Extra Virgin Olive oil

Salt (Kosher salt or sea salt .. we used Kosher)

Black pepper to taste

Lightly coat steaks with olive oil. Sprinkle kosher salt and black pepper on both sides to taste. We grill it to 163-165°F (about 5° carryover when it comes off the grill) (P.S. this is WELL DONE - there should be a chart online as to what degrees is well/medium/rare) and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes (we do 10) on a plate lightly covered with aluminum foil (like a tent .. not tight at all just covering it). Do not remove the probe until the rest period is done.

P.S. Jack Daniel's Barbeque sauce ROCKS!

P.S. #2 I love netflix.. that's my second disk of Lucky Star.. I'm digressing back to Anime aren't I? LOL Okay okay.. enjoy the food :p

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Oh yummy, yummy, yummy! I wanted steak for supper, but I got out voted and ended up at Red Lobster. Oh well.
Hey! Can you and your hubby come for a visit and let your hubby show my hubby how to cook a steak. Those two look outrageously delicious. :)

Saw that grill at BB&B. Pete says he wants one. Maybe I'll get him one, eh? Threw our Foreman grill out. Hated cleaning it.

December 17, 2008 at 7:27 PM

 
Blogger Arsenette said...

Definately get a probe thermometer as well :) And the fact you can control the heat level! Forman was 1 heat.. but yeah the plates being able to go in the dish washer makes life a whole lot easier! Steak is easy.. Oh I missed it was olive oil as well (going to edit that), salt and pepper. I'd get it.. I use it for everything :p

December 17, 2008 at 7:43 PM

 
Blogger chaki said...

Hey, what does that grill look like? Looking for new dinner ware. Not doing black like you, navy blue to go with our nice beige dishes we never use... But would love to have square plates like you if it fits our needs. Why is it that we spend so much money and still always need so many things??

December 17, 2008 at 10:38 PM

 
Blogger Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Thank you Mr. Arsenette :) for the instructions. I'm going to show Mr. SKW this blog.

December 17, 2008 at 10:39 PM

 
Blogger Arsenette said...

Hey chaki :) I put a link right on the name :) It should pop up. let me know if you can't see the link or it doesn't work for you.

I like navy plates but much prefer black.. oooooooh.. blue with white.. I'm not that formal.. One plate does the job for me :D

Yay SKW :) It's so ridiculously easy even I can do steak :p I usually let him do it since he likes doing it so I won't bug him :)

December 18, 2008 at 2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home